SEO TRICKSSEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION (SEO) TRICKS.
Out of curiosity, ever wondered how smart Google is? Or how does it make our lives so convenient? Or have you ever googled, “how to be smart like Google?” Well, what appears on your search results page? Probably something that highlights the word ‘GOOGLE’ all over. Those are optimized keywords on search engines.
Search Engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo act like a warehouse of the factory. The factory consists of workers producing infinite websites and information. These search engines store everything in a systematic manner.
To make your website reach the target audience and make it to the top in the search results, here are some magic ingredients to put in your recipe;
- Search Algorithms/Rules
- Words matter.
- Titles matter.
- Links matter.
- Words in links
- Content is the king.
- Content acts like a salt to your recipe, without which nothing tastes good.
- A website should consist of rich content supported by the ingredients that search engines need for your recipe.
- The keywords in the content that you want to be searched by must be used effectively.
- Search engines recognize those keywords and increase your visibility on the search results.
- Search engines are schools where all the websites crawl their way to increase their visibility, ranking and reach.
- Rich quality content is the only effective way to attract customers on the webpage.
- Website URL
- The URL of the website is the identity of the company.
- Consisting of the words you want to be found with, in your domain.
3. Therefore, your URL should be directed to the purpose of your website.
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Different HTML titles should be used for all the different topics.
- This increases your website recognition on Search Engines.
- Meta Description Tag,
- Meta Description Tags are HTML attributes that provide summaries of webpages.
- It appears as a short sentence under the blue link in a search engine result page, as shown below;
- Crafting readable description using important keywords can improve the Click through Rate (CTR) of the webpage.
- With the improvement in CTR, the ranking of the webpage eventually improves.
- The brief description catches the attention of the surfer and leads to action.
- Therefore it is called a success factor and not a research factor.
- Rich Snippets,
- Rich Snippets are structured data that the site operators add to their existing HTML.
- This helps the search engines to recognize the information the surfer is looking for and lead to richer search results.
- Rich Snippets are an extension to the Meta Description Tag.
- Can be used for the following content types :
Business and organization
- Snippets are shown the form of pricing, contact number, location, duration (videos and recipes), votes and views.
- Link Building
- Link Building acts like an extended arm for the website.
- Link Building mainly is the process of getting other websites to link back to your website.
- Link Building is one of the ways used in SEO to make Google aware about the quality of your own website, which in return increases ranking.
- Web masters, can improve their ranking by increasing the number of links by high quality site.
- Along with virtues, SEO has its own vices.
- Above we discussed all the way to flatter Search Engines to get ourselves listed at the top of the search results.
- Here are some precautions to take into account before annoying Search Engines;
- Shallow Content,
With a time to time update, the sites previously warned have a chance to escape the penalty by altering their content.
- Keyword Stuffing,
When we say to use a particular keyword often that does not mean to use it irrelevantly and spam your own website with those keywords.
Stuffing of keywords may lead to penalties by Search Engines.
- Link Spam,
Extending your arms on any irrelevant high quality sites to gain higher rankings will mark your foolishness.
Google dislikes links spamming and will penalize you for such actions.
Therefore, always into account the dark side of the SEO to save yourself from any spams or penalties by Search Engines.